In-kind donations are truly essential to the services we provide our clients. We have limited space to store clothing and household items. Please feel free to contact the shelter at 770-386-8093 to discuss items you may have.
Listed below are ongoing supplies needed. Items with an asterisk* are immediate needs.
- *Spaghetti O’s
- *canned fruit (pears, pineapple peaches and fruit cocktail)
- individually-wrapped chips and raisins
- apple sauce
- fruit snacks
- *macaroni & cheese
- *ramen noodles
- *pancake mix
- cream of wheat
- vegetable oil
- canned vegetables (carrots, mixed vegetables & corn)
- bagged pinto beans
- *paper towels
- aluminum foil
Food Freezer & Storage Bags: quart & gallon size bags.
- *13-gallon garbage bags
- *floor cleaner
- 30-gallon garbage bags
- laundry detergent
- dishwasher detergent
- shower cleaner
- Mean Green
- hand soap
- disinfecting spray
- bath towels
- wash clothes
- feminine hygiene products
- thank-you cards
- gift cards for groceries and gas
Ways to Help Support Victims of Domestic Violence
Thank you for your support of Tranquility House Domestic Violence Center. We welcome any and all assistance to provide each and every victim of domestic violence and their children a different outcome.
- $500 – To assist with monthly client assistance- food or transportation
- $100 – One night stay in our shelter for a woman and her two children
- $75 – A therapy session to help a victim heal from an abusive relationship
- $50 – A Legal Advocate to help a victim with a Temporary Protective or stalking order
- $25 – Provide a meal for a woman or her child
- Contact your legislators on behalf of victims of domestic and their children to solicit better laws
- Host a Fundraiser on our behalf
- Host a drive (food or product)
- Provide in-kind donations
- Provide gift cards for groceries or gas cards
- Be a volunteer
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of domestic violence victims in your community, you are in the right place. When you join our Volunteer Program, we’ll gratefully put your time and expertise to good use, and you’ll know you’ve made a positive impact in someone’s life.
Our Volunteer Program consists of individuals and groups from within the local community, focused on helping those impacted by domestic violence.
To sign up to become a volunteer, please fill out the form below. Use the Area of Interest field to indicate any particular area of support you are interested in, and also if you’d like to inquire about a One-Day Group Service Activity. Once we’ve received your form, our Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you with next steps and further details.
Things to know about volunteering with us:
- You can work directly or indirectly with domestic violence victims.
- Both ongoing volunteer and One Day Group Service opportunities are available.
- You will need to complete a background check prior to having direct contact with our clients.
- We are open to volunteer project and service ideas – let us know what you have in mind.